Start Fresh with a Career at Highland Farms
It all starts with you. If you have a passion for food and a passion for people then we want to hear from you.
Working at one of our stores is more than a job, it’s an opportunity to learn and grow. We offer full and part-time hours, a friendly work environment, competitive wages, on the job training, advancement opportunities and health care benefits for full time employees.
We are proud to be Canadian, proud to support the communities we work in and proud of our continued success for over 50 years.
If you want to make a fresh start then join the Highland Farms family today.
• Drives truck - loads, unloads and receives merchandise.
• Local runs in the GTA area.
• Picking up merchandise at the Mississauga warehouse and delivering to Highland Farm stores/locations.
• Ensures that all deliveries are picked up or dropped off on a timely basis
• Obtains lists, collects merchandise, loads the truck, checking merchandise against transfer bills and invoices.
• Ensures loads are anchored and standards of safety are maintained and upheld.
• Hand bombs merchandise, packing and unpacking skids.
• Maintains the safety of the vehicle through inspections before and after use.
• Works in accordance with all Health and Safety policies and procedures and maintains a safe work environment.
• Must be able to drive 8 speed standard transmission (30 ft cargo box with a tandem axle)
• Must have valid DZ license with clean abstract
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Minimum of 3 years’ truck driving experience
• Positive attitude and the ability to work effectively independently
• Must have strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities simultaneously in order to meet delivery deadlines
• Able to work in a fast-paced work environment and have good attention to detail
• Ability to lift and carry items weighing 20 to 50 lbs
• Valid walkie certification an asset, training available if not certified.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts, including weekends.
Vaughan, ON, L6A 4K5
Scarborough, ON, M1P 2W5
Mississauga, ON, L4Z 1N5
For job inquiries contact:
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Highland Farm’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Our Vision & Mission
To be the grocery shopping destination of choice in the GTA. To consistently offer our customers the highest standards of quality, value, selection, presentation and cleanliness. To inspire our employees to deliver an exceptional customer experience by consistently exceeding their expectations, and taking pride in our Fresh values.
Our Fresh Values
Family work ethic
Respect & courtesy
Energy & enthusiasm
Honesty & integrity