Join our team
Start Fresh with a Career at Highland Farms
It all starts with you. If you have a passion for food and a passion for people then we want to hear from you.
Working at one of our stores is more than a job, it’s an opportunity to learn and grow. We offer full and part-time hours, a friendly work environment, competitive wages, on the job training, advancement opportunities and health care benefits for full time employees.
We are proud to be Canadian, proud to support the communities we work in and proud of our continued success for over 50 years.
If you want to make a fresh start then join the Highland Farms family today.
Ready Foods Cook
This position is available at our Mississauga, Scarborough, and Vaughan locations
• Greets customers and provides excellent customer service.
• Take customers’ orders and serve them quick and efficiently.
• Prepare and cook menu items and daily specials.
• Follow recipes, if applicable.
• Liaison with other clerks & cooks to ensure smooth and efficient operation.
• Heat/package/label food items as per company standard.
• Set-up work stations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment.
• Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping & peeling vegetables, cutting meats)
• Follow instructions in cooking and deliver well-prepared meals
• Must be able to multi-task
• Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
• Make sure work area is clean and adheres to Food Safety Standards and company policies.
• Need to be available to work flexible shifts including evenings and weekends.
• Performs other duties as required by management to meet business needs.
Skills & Knowledge
• Good communication skills and ability to read and write in English.
• Customer service oriented and able to make good decisions.
• Ability to work in a team.
• Able to work under minimal supervision.
• Able to work in fast-paced environment and have attention to detail.
• 1-2 years previous experience working in a Café and/or Hot Foods Kitchen environment.
• Education through a culinary program is beneficial.
• Experience working in a grocery store considered an asset.
• Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods.
• Experience in using cutting tools and cook wear.
• Wears protective gear such as gloves and aprons
• Exposure to hot temperatures from oven, fryer and grills
• Exposure to cold temperatures from freezers
• Standing and walking for long periods of time
• Lifts, bends, stoops, twists and turns
Vaughan, ON, L6A 4K5
Scarborough, ON, M1P 2W5
Mississauga, ON, L4Z 1N5
For job inquiries contact:
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Highland Farm’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Our Vision & Mission
To be the grocery shopping destination of choice in the GTA. To consistently offer our customers the highest standards of quality, value, selection, presentation and cleanliness. To inspire our employees to deliver an exceptional customer experience by consistently exceeding their expectations, and taking pride in our Fresh values.
Our Fresh Values
Family work ethic
Respect & courtesy
Energy & enthusiasm
Honesty & integrity