Start Fresh with a Career at Highland Farms
It all starts with you. If you have a passion for food and a passion for people then we want to hear from you.
Working at one of our stores is more than a job, it’s an opportunity to learn and grow. We offer full and part-time hours, a friendly work environment, competitive wages, on the job training, advancement opportunities and health care benefits for full time employees.
We are proud to be Canadian, proud to support the communities we work in and proud of our continued success for over 50 years.
If you want to make a fresh start then join the Highland Farms family today.
- Responsible for managing department inventory, in-stock position, pricing integrity, merchandising, labor, and other operational processes to company standards.
- Ensure all new department employees receive proper training and supervision.
- Effectively manage employees by efficiently scheduling personnel to meet the needs of the department based on business volume and workloads.
- Accurately record mark ups and mark downs, in-store use of merchandise, voids, refunds and bad merchandise/spoilage write-offs in accordance with company policies.
- Responds to customer enquiries, providing information concerning merchandise selection and prices.
- Keep refrigerated cases and display shelves properly stocked and faced at all times according to product movement, tag allocation and department standards to ensure maximum sales, quality and freshness.
- Maintains the highest levels of department sanitation and cleanliness.
- 3-5 years experience working in a produce department in a large format retail food environment, preferably in a supervisory or assistant supervisory role.
- Post-secondary education and/or experience in merchandising and/or business management is considered an asset.
- Fully knowledgeable with all products carried in the department, including differences between the many varieties and types of products in each produce family (e.g., apples, melons, squashes, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a talent for building customer loyalty.
- Strong motivational, leadership skills & organizational abilities - able to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of store system skills is an asset.
- Able to operate in changing temperatures on a regular basis.
- Able to walk & stand for extended periods of time.
- Need be able to work flexible shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Vaughan, ON, L6A 4K5
Scarborough, ON, M1P 2W5
Mississauga, ON, L4Z 1N5
For job inquiries contact:
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Highland Farm’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Our Vision & Mission
To be the grocery shopping destination of choice in the GTA. To consistently offer our customers the highest standards of quality, value, selection, presentation and cleanliness. To inspire our employees to deliver an exceptional customer experience by consistently exceeding their expectations, and taking pride in our Fresh values.
Our Fresh Values
Family work ethic
Respect & courtesy
Energy & enthusiasm
Honesty & integrity