Start Fresh with a Career at Highland Farms
It all starts with you. If you have a passion for food and a passion for people then we want to hear from you.
Working at one of our stores is more than a job, it’s an opportunity to learn and grow. We offer full and part-time hours, a friendly work environment, competitive wages, on the job training, advancement opportunities and health care benefits for full time employees.
We are proud to be Canadian, proud to support the communities we work in and proud of our continued success for over 50 years.
If you want to make a fresh start then join the Highland Farms family today.
• Drives company truck, picks up, loads and unloads merchandise.
• Drives to farmers’ markets, the Food Terminal, Highland Farm stores, and farm to pick up and deliver
• Collects merchandise at farmers’ stalls and Food Terminal, loads the trucks and delivers invoices and
• Checks merchandise on the truck, ensuring loads are anchored and standards of safety are maintained and
• Loads and unloads the truck from stores, checking merchandise against transfer bills and invoices.
• Picking merchandise and loading onto truck.
• Hand bombs merchandise, packing and unpacking skids.
• Comply with truck driving rules and regulations, as well as with company policies and procedures.
• Plan routes and meet delivery schedules.
• Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions.
• Report defects of truck, accidents or violations.
• Performs other tasks as assigned by management to meet required business needs
Skills & Knowledge:
• Possess a valid DZ license with a good driving record.
• 3-5 years experience driving a 5 ton truck
• 3-5 years previous trucking experience
• Customer service oriented.
• Good communication skills and ability to read and write in English.
• Certification using machines an asset, training available if not certified.
• Able to work with minimal supervision.
• Able to work in a fast- paced environment with attention to detail.
• Available to work flexible shifts.
• Available to work weekends.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Extended sitting while driving the truck.
• Exposed to hot or cold temperatures.
• Exposure to contaminates such as diesel fuel or exhaust.
Vaughan, ON, L6A 4K5
Scarborough, ON, M1P 2W5
Mississauga, ON, L4Z 1N5
For job inquiries contact:
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Highland Farm’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Our Vision & Mission
To be the grocery shopping destination of choice in the GTA. To consistently offer our customers the highest standards of quality, value, selection, presentation and cleanliness. To inspire our employees to deliver an exceptional customer experience by consistently exceeding their expectations, and taking pride in our Fresh values.
Our Fresh Values
Family work ethic
Respect & courtesy
Energy & enthusiasm
Honesty & integrity