Start Fresh with a Career at Highland Farms
It all starts with you. If you have a passion for food and a passion for people then we want to hear from you.
Working at one of our stores is more than a job, it’s an opportunity to learn and grow. We offer full and part-time hours, a friendly work environment, competitive wages, on the job training, advancement opportunities and health care benefits for full time employees.
We are proud to be Canadian, proud to support the communities we work in and proud of our continued success for over 50 years.
If you want to make a fresh start then join the Highland Farms family today.
Highland Farms is a family-owned, independent supermarket business with our head office located in Mississauga. Working closely with the President, you will become involved in every facet of day-to-day finance and accounting.
We are seeking a designated accountant with extensive business and finance experience. The controller is responsible for the preparation of financial statements, internal reporting, cost control, analysis, budgeting, and audit oversight.
• This position requires at least 10 years of professional accounting experience.
• University degree in Business/Accounting, with advanced degree.
• Professional accounting designation (CPA, CGA or CMA)
• Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management.
• Proficient communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Experience overseeing audits performed by external audit firms.
• Financial analysis, budgeting and some strategic planning experience.
• Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to make the necessary decisions to move forward the
work at hand.
• Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
• Excellent organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
• Manage and mentor accounting staff and coordinate cross-function training as required.
• Ensure best practices are in place and implement improvements to key operating activities and
• Accounting experience in the retail food sector is an asset.
• Experience with processing payroll and Ceridian Dayforce is an asset.
• Proficient with MS Office and MS Outlook.
• Knowledge of Sage 2021 software is an asset.
Vaughan, ON, L6A 4K5
Scarborough, ON, M1P 2W5
Mississauga, ON, L4Z 1N5
For job inquiries contact:
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Highland Farm’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Our Vision & Mission
To be the grocery shopping destination of choice in the GTA. To consistently offer our customers the highest standards of quality, value, selection, presentation and cleanliness. To inspire our employees to deliver an exceptional customer experience by consistently exceeding their expectations, and taking pride in our Fresh values.
Our Fresh Values
Family work ethic
Respect & courtesy
Energy & enthusiasm
Honesty & integrity