Start Fresh with a Career at Highland Farms
It all starts with you. If you have a passion for food and a passion for people then we want to hear from you.
Working at one of our stores is more than a job, it’s an opportunity to learn and grow. We offer full and part-time hours, a friendly work environment, competitive wages, on the job training, advancement opportunities and health care benefits for full time employees.
We are proud to be Canadian, proud to support the communities we work in and proud of our continued success for over 50 years.
If you want to make a fresh start then join the Highland Farms family today.
Assistant Meat Manager
• Responsible for handling team members and customer issues when they arise.
• Supports the department manager in implementing of all department initiatives.
• Checks deliveries to purchase orders verifying content and ensuring quality and appearance of purchases.
• Uses manual cutting utensils, band saw and slicing machine to prepare meats for selling.
• Cuts carcasses, sides and quarters, removes bones from meat and trims and prepares standard cuts of meat.
• Prepares special orders and special displays of meats.
• Ensures that the meat department is ready for business at all times and is in compliance with all Health & Product Standards.
• Assists with the promotion of special sales in the department, ensuring that a supply of product is on display.
• Assists with the completion of work schedules for staff.
• Assists customers and merchandise products in display cases and price correctly according to company standards.
• 1-3 years experience working as a butcher in a retail environment, preferably in an assistant supervisory role within a grocery store or supermarket.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Able to manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to operate in changing temperatures on a regular basis.
• Able to walk & stand for extended periods of time.
• Need be able to work flexible shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Vaughan, ON, L6A 4K5
Scarborough, ON, M1P 2W5
Mississauga, ON, L4Z 1N5
For job inquiries contact:
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Highland Farm’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Our Vision & Mission
To be the grocery shopping destination of choice in the GTA. To consistently offer our customers the highest standards of quality, value, selection, presentation and cleanliness. To inspire our employees to deliver an exceptional customer experience by consistently exceeding their expectations, and taking pride in our Fresh values.
Our Fresh Values
Family work ethic
Respect & courtesy
Energy & enthusiasm
Honesty & integrity